In order to enable your physician to properly evaluate your condition, please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Completed patient questionnaires
- All radiological studies (CT, MRI, X-ray) pertaining to your current medical problem. Imaging reports of are not sufficient, you must bring the actual radiological films (on cd) with you to be reviewed.
- Medical records and consultations from other physicians who have evaluated you regarding the medical problem should also be hand carried to the appointment (if you have undergone testing or treatment in any of the following areas: physical therapy notes, EMG studies, injection notes, massage therapy notes; please hand carry notes).
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of the doctor who referred you to Neurosurgery and any treating physicians
- A complete list of the names and dosage of all the medications that you take.
- If you have been hospitalized for your current problem, please bring a copy of the discharge report.
- Your insurance card(s) if applicable and current ID.
- Please understand that as a patient, you are ultimately responsible for financial matters related to the medical services provided to you.
What to expect at your appointment
Please allow 1-2 hours for your appointment. However, no two patient visits are exactly the same and your physician will spend as much time as needed to ensure appropriate assessment and understanding of your care. Please prepare for possible delays with the assurance that you too will have the time you need with your care provider
As our patient, you receive the finest in consultation assistance and surgery by the doctors here at Anchorage Neurosurgical Associates, Inc. Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, and technicians may assist your doctor during your visit. These individuals have special training and skills that make them an important part of our patient care team.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call our office immediately to cancel or reschedule.